A couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, I just suddenly thought of my blog and why I am still keeping it open despite of my very rare posts. Last year was so scarce, I only posted twice. Honestly, it made me sad. This year, it’s a miracle that I have already posted four times, this one is the fifth. However, I noticed that I only post when I want to show my artworks along with tidbits about my work. Not quite the reason why I created this blog. Not at all…
About six or seven years ago, I had a blog dedicated specially for my fandom whims and life raves and rants. Actually, that blog is still alive, just inactive for a couple of years already. I don’t know why livejournal hasn’t deleted it yet. But it is still there. I can even still logon. Anyways, that old blog helped me find balance between my work and social life – the latter being so little because of the former.
I was a corporate slave and I felt I needed to socialize even if it was only on an online world. I was never a facebook person and status updates were never my thing. I like writing down my thoughts. I like talking about my favorite stuff – reading novels, anime, Korean drama, Kpop and so forth. When I delved into the world of K-dramas and Kpop, I needed a place to talk about it. Forums were never enough. I felt I needed my own space to post my thoughts with no holds barred, a haven where I could praise or criticize unabashedly.
This is a fun surprise after the one I had a week ago – a nomination for Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Wow! Thank you, NorthMelbourneMum, for this unexpected nomination. I never thought I’d receive any recognition for anything I write in this blog especially because I rarely write sensible entries here. Anyhow, this nomination is gift and an inspiration for me to write more often.
According to NorthMelbourneMum, there are rules in accepting this award and those are:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Numbers 1 and 2 are done. So here’s number 3:
7 Things About Anne Celestine:
- I am a CPA and had been a financial analyst for a decade already.
- I used to write poems and fan fictions. (It’s not that I suddenly stopped. I just lost inspiration to write.)
- I am a hopeless romantic.
- I am a loyal friend – my-friend’s-enemies-are-my-enemies kind.
- Lastly, I love KPop, Korean dramas and animes. I’m currently watching Ohlala Couple (Korean drama) and the animes’ Chihayafuru Season 2 and Hunter x Hunter.
Drum roll please! Here are my nominations for Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Abandoned Factory Anime Review
- Reflections of a Book Addict
- Reflecting Lights
- Daily Mr. Sao
Unfortunately, I only have five nominations. I haven’t lurked enough in WordPress yet. Anyway, again I would like to thank NorthMelbourneMum. It feels great to be appreciated 🙂